To provide an excellent service of verification and credible information that will serve as a reference in the Federal Ministry of Justice.
To enhance service delivery in the justice sector through strategic planning, research and data base management.
Directs the work of the department so that it fulfills its mission and mandate of providing a Statistical information to the Justice System, monitoring of Projects and Programmed IT support, Library Services, Legal/ Social Research, Strategic & Operational Planning, Tenders Board activities.
• Participates in the Ministry’s Management Meetings.
• Plays a full part in the corporate management of the Ministry.
• Ensures work of the directorate provides value for money and is done in a timely and professional manner.
• Head of the Secretariat of Ministerial Tenders Board.
• Ensure the results of DPRS work are communicated effectively to all stake holders and the public.
• Plays a full part in the reform of the Ministry and the Justice System.
• Advises the Permanent Secretary on planning, research and statistical matters
Research & Statistics Division
Directs the work of the Division, so that if fulfills its mandate of providing the required services to the Ministry.
• Advises the Director on Library, information, documentation and book related matters.
• Liaises with all Liaison Officers through the Librarians in the Zonal Headquarters on their staffing, Library requirements/facilities and Services.
• Recommends the acquisition of Library materials, books, journals and non- prints.
• Sees to the maintenance of standard in Library practice through constant monitoring and inspection of Zonal Libraries Located in the Zones of the Federation.
• Directs for the Compilation of bibliographic.
• Facilitation of Library manpower development through staff training and capacity building.
• Supervises the preparation and publishing of progress and annual reports and newsletters.
• Supervises the preparation of budgets for library development in the Ministry’s Headquarters and Zonal Libraries.
• Supervises the Ministry’s Customized Library.
• Ensures staff members have the necessary skills to carry out their duties.
- Assist in advising the Director on Library, Information, documentation and book related matters.
- Assists in Liaising with all Liaison Officers through the Librarians in the Zonal Officers through the Librarians in the Zonal headquarters on their staffing, Library requirements/ facilities and services.
- Assist in making acquisition of Library materials, books, journals and none—prints.